What is happening and when with the library RE-OPENING?
The St. Clairsville Public Library is open and library hours are shown at right. Curbside service will be available for these same hours. We continue providing services such as story times by appointment, reference assistance, tech help, full access to the library collection, our digital library, and items to borrow from our 97 partner libraries. No overdue fines are being assessed at this time.
What are some of the ways employees are working to ensure our library and community stay safe?
- All applicable state and local health requirements, including those guiding use of masks and social distancing, are required in the library.
- We have installed social distancing guides and placed screens at the front desk. We moved shelving, computers, and seating to support social distancing.
- All returned library materials will be quarantined for 4 days before they are made available to the next patron. Please use the book drops or the bin inside the lobby when returning items.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned at regular intervals.
- NEW! We have installed a self-checkout station in the lobby for patron use. All you need is your library card and the items you want to borrow.
- All in-person programs and meeting room use are suspended.
What should I keep in mind while visiting the library?
- All state and local health guidelines, including those guiding masks and social distancing, are required in the library. We are happy to help anyone with curbside service as an alternative.
- For now, we ask that you limit your time in the library to allow equal access to everyone. Please focus on essential use only of library computers.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the library.
- To ensure social distancing, limit extended meetings to two people and maintain a distance of 6 feet.
Will the library continue providing a curbside service?
Curbside service continues during library open hours.
To utilize Curbside Service, it may be helpful to have a mobile phone at your pick up time in case you need to reach us with questions.
How to Use Curbside Service
- First, you call us! 740-695-2062
- Items You Have Ordered: If you’ve received notice that your ordered items are ready for pick up, call and let staff you know you want to pick up your items curbside. Staff will set a pick up time with you.
- We Select Goodies for You: Ask our friendly staff to select materials for you. You tell us your interests and what types of materials you are looking for – books, DVDs, etc. – and we’ll surprise you with carefully selected items we think you will enjoy.
- Pick up items at the library’s rear entrance off St. Patrick’s Alley during time you have scheduled with staff. Your items will have your name on them and be ready in a curbside bin.
Are library books safe to use?
On 3/19 an Ohio Department of Health epidemiologist informed the State Library that our highest risk is close proximity to a contagious individual as well as exposure to shared surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, touchscreens and faucets/sinks. The risk of contracting the virus from books is likely low. In addition, returned items are quarantined for days to further reduce risk. However, it might be worth considering wiping off a book before handling it.
I want to keep in touch. How do I do that?
Library staff will be posting regular updates & tips in the following places: