What is happening and when with the library RE-OPENING?
The St. Clairsville Public Library is open weekdays 9am to 4pm. Monday and Tuesdays we will remain open until 7pm. Curbside service will be available for these same hours. We will also continue providing services to the public such as virtual storytimes, reference assistance via our website chat, and full access to our digital library.
Until August 1, no overdue fines will be assessed.
What are some of the ways employees are working to ensure our library and community stay safe?
- We have installed social distancing guides and placed screens at the front desk. We moved shelving, computers, and seating to support social distancing.
- All returned library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are made available to the next patron. Please use the book drops or the bin inside the lobby when returning items.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned at regular intervals. Our reduced library hours provide more time for thorough cleaning.
- NEW! We have installed a self-checkout station in the lobby for patron use. All you need is your library card and the items you want to borrow.
- All in-person programs and meeting room use are suspended.
- Deliveries between Ohio libraries are not available at this time.
What should I keep in mind while visiting the library?
- For the safety of library employees, patrons, and our community neighbors, we recommend that all library visitors wear a face covering while visiting the library and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Due to our curbside use in St. Patrick’s Alley, please enter the library by the front door only. Rear doors of the library will be for emergency exit only.
- For now, we ask that you limit the time you spend in the library to allow equal access to everyone. Please focus on essential use only of library computers.
Will the library continue providing a curbside service?
Curbside service continues weekdays 9am to 4pm, Monday Tuesdays until 7pm. Hours are subject to change as we evaluate and expand availability as needed.
Please call ahead 740-695-2062. Please have your library card ready to help us fulfill your order quickly.
To utilize Curbside Service, it may be helpful to have a mobile phone at your pick up time in case you need to reach us with questions.
All Library borrowing policies and guidelines apply.
How it Works
First, you call us! 740-695-2062
- We Select: Ask our friendly librarians to select materials for you. You tell us your interests and what types of materials you are looking for – books, DVDs, etc. – and we’ll surprise you with carefully selected items we think you will enjoy.
- You Select: Ask us for specific materials – keeping in mind these will be St. Clairsville Library items only if available, we are not currently able to fulfill holds from other libraries.
We will set up a pick up time with you or call when your materials are ready. Items will be in bins with name on them.
Pick up items at rear entrance off St. Patrick’s Alley during scheduled pick up time.
Are library books safe to use?
On 3/19 an Ohio Department of Health epidemiologist informed the State Library that our highest risk is close proximity to a contagious individual as well as exposure to shared surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, touchscreens and faucets/sinks. The risk of contracting the virus from books is likely low. However, it might be worth considering wiping off a book before handling it.
I want to keep in touch. How do I do that?
Library staff will be posting regular updates & tips in the following places: