Quick Steps: 1. Install the Kanopy app. 2. Link your library card. 3. Create your Kanopy sign-in.
See below if you prefer detailed steps, or see a walk-through at help.kanopy.com.
Create an Account on a computer:
- Start by clicking the link from our web site or typing stclibrary.kanopy.com
- Once at the St Clairsville Public Library Kanopy page click Add Library card to get started
- You will be asked to enter your library card and pin#
- After this you will be asked to enter your first and last name a valid email address and to create a password for this site.
- An email will then be sent to you to verify your account after selecting verifying your account you are ready to start using Kanopy
App Install & Create an Account on a Device (phone, tablet, Roku, Smart TV, etc):
- Start by going to the app store for your device, such as Google Play or the Apple store.
- From here search for Kanopy and select and install it from the list.
- Once installed open the app and swipe left twice to get to the sign up screen
- Click Sign in and you will be asked to enter your first and last name a valid email address and to create a password for this site.
- An email will then be sent to you to verify your account after selecting verifying your account you are ready to start using Kanopy. Save your account login.
- Start your app or go to stclibrary.kanopy.com
- Once at the St Clairsville Public Library’s Kanopy page, click Login in the top right of the page.
- You will be asked to login with your email and password you used to create your account.
- Now that you are logged in you can browse through the displayed content or search for a specific title, subject or even actor.
- Hovering over a title will give you a short summary and the option to ether play the video now or add it to your list of movies to watch later.
- After selecting a video you will see the standard controls allowing you to view in full screen add closed captioning, skim forward or backward and to speed up or slow down the video.
Give your kids access to 100s of kid-friendly videos! Launch Kanopy and click Go To Kanopy Kids in the top right then everything is set to kids videos only. And to get back to the full list all you have to do is select Exit Kanopy Kids.